Saturday, January 2, 2010

...Saying Good-Bye...



So last night was my last night as a clinical assistant, and it was my last night in the ER at Children's. My temporary nursing license is now active, which means that I can no longer practice as an assistant. I will possibly start my new job on the 5th floor of Children's as soon as Monday! Even though I am thrilled to begin this new chapter, there are mixed emotions about what I am leaving behind. I do love the ER and the people that I have become friends with over the past 2 years. There are also so many feelings of leaving behind something that is so easy and comfortable and starting something that is new and challenging. I am a little uneasy about the new journey that lies ahead of me, but I am also very excited to finally begin. I think every new nurse is unsure about their new career and finally getting the responsibility for all the skills they've been practicing for so long, but I am ready! I am happy to be starting my career back where I began my healthcare profession over 4 years ago. I started on 5 Southeast at Children's Hospital in February 2006 and I will be returning there to become a part of the team once again, but now I will join as a nurse! It's funny how the Lord strategically puts you places in your life, and at the time you might not know why, but then the circle completes itself and you get a glimpse of His handy-work! I told everyone I worked with last night that I was headed to 5SE to be a "big girl" nurse, and they assured me that I would be a "big girl" nurse with training wheels, but I told them I thought I could settle for that...I still get my "big girl" check!! So with excitement, joy, uncertainty, expectation, and gratefulness, I say see ya later to the ER and all my friends, good-bye to my role as clinical assistant, and HELLO to my new career and role as a nurse!! May the Lord continue to bless me with opportunities to bless His children!

No comments:

Post a Comment