Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Peace...in the Midst of Unrest

My prayer lately is that the Lord would give me peace and calm my soul. I have been comforted time and again by kind words of friends and family, but the support of my husband has been especially comforting. I know the Lord has given him to me to help me get through this life. I had to take the BIG test for nursing, and now I am waiting to find out the results, and what feels like my fate. I have been battling all the many thoughts about what could be, or might be...One thing I do know is that the devil loves when you start those mind games. It's a prime opportunity for him to come in and help you down the spiral of negativity. I have to admit that I have let him win more than I should, but that's where my awesome husband comes in and lifts me out of my puddle of gloom. I know the Lord uses him to get to me. And I'm so thankful He does. I also know that the Lord uses these times to strategically draw you closer to Him...where you should be all along. Sometimes I wonder and fear that the Lord takes offense when I draw closer to Him during those times, and not every day, and all the time. Then I remind myself that we serve a God who gladly and mercifully forgives, who keeps no count of wrongs, and Always welcomes our love and praise. A praise that He always deserves...a praise far beyond what we can give. I have tried to take hold of the peace He gives so freely, and I have tried to grasp the enormity of the idea that He has already numbered all my days, and my purpose in this life has already been planned. I am merely a vessel waiting for its next voyage to be made clear. With that, I find comfort and peace. Today's Psalm in the one year bible reading was very timely, and I thought l would share...
Psalm 31:19-24:
"How great is your goodness,
which you have stored up for those who fear you,
which you bestow in the sight of men,
on those who take refuge in you.
In the shelter of your presence you hide them
from the intrigues of men;
in your dwelling you keep them safe
from accusing tongues.
Praise be to the LORD,
for he showed his wonderful love to me
when I was in a besieged city.
In my alarm I said,
"I am cut off from your sight!"
Yet you heard my cry for mercy
when I called to you for help.
Love the LORD, all his saints!
The LORD preserves the faithful,
but the proud he pays back in full.
Be strong and take heart,
all you who hope in the LORD.


I have also been listening to a song that I have, since the day I found it, taken great delight and comfort in listening to. It is a version of Psalm 23, and I just love the words to that verse. The words to the song are...
"The Lord is my shepherd.
He makes me lie in pastures green.
He leads me beside quiet waters, that wash over me...
Though I may walk in the shadows, His rod and his staff comfort me.
And I will recline at the table...in the presence of my enemies...
Surely, Surely goodness and mercy will follow me..
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord.
Close by your side, I will abide, in His loving kindness..." Praise the Lord.

To really grasp the words to this song and to these verses is to truly understand God's work in our lives and His ever present spirit at work in our daily comings and goings. What a blessing to be called a child of God and what a blessing to live and love through Him each and every day on this earth. No matter what tomorrow brings, I will never lose hope and I will never stop pursuing His call on my life. We are called to do great things my friends...

The video of the song I quoted above is on youtube. The link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3WA9iHz5ww&NR=1
The video is of a woman in labor and she was singing this song to get through her contractions. Her and her husband are music ministers at their church. The video touches my heart, and the words to the song beckon the holy spirit to meet with me and comfort my soul. True worship...
You are blessed...so bless.
With much love...J & K

No comments:

Post a Comment