Wednesday, March 24, 2010

..:A Weekend of Randomness:..

I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I would back track a little bit and show what the Harvell's have been up to for the past few weeks! The boys, Jake and Andrew, are working on a project to build a wine rack for all this wine that they have been making. I should have been documenting and photographing all there many projects a little better, but for some reason, I didn't think about it. For a little update, they have made 3 different batches of wine and 1 batch of mead (made from honey). They started all this last year before our wedding, after their interest was peaked when one of Jake's friends from high school made some wine from Welch's grape juice. They thought it was an awesome concept, and the wine tasted pretty good...thus begun their new hobby of wine making. Leakhena and I have spent many days listening to their ramblings about wine and all the varieties and ways it can be made. We have endured their numerous trips to the brewing store, spending a little here, and a little there to get their supplies to be "real" "home brewers." They have become quite the wine connoisseurs, and they have tickled themselves at the success they have had in doing so. I have to admit, not being much of a wine drinker myself, that their wine is pretty tasty. More than anything, Lek and I have enjoyed watching them enjoy something together, and even more, we've enjoyed watching their friendship grow. It's nice when one of your best friend's husband is good friends with your husband! Makes things so much easier! HaHa! So needless to say, we put up with their hobby, realize there could be WAY worse hobbies, and we half enjoy it when our weekends revolve around doing something to the wine that's brewing, getting more wine supplies, or bottling up the next batch. It kind of makes me laugh and smile inside...
These pictures of from a few weekends ago when they first started getting all the pieces of wood sanded and stained, prior to assembly. They even convinced Lek and I to help out...or maybe we just wanted to make sure it was done right. ;-) I also threw in a picture from when Sue's granddaughters came over to pay Miss Norah a visit! They were so cute with her. I think she was a little overwhelmed but she loves little ones once she gets over the fear factor of them all being in her face at once! They were so cute! I have more to catch up on! I hope to get a chance soon to post everything! Jake and I are so blessed, and we are thankful to be able to live our lives fully and freely in the love of God! We serve an awesome and mighty God who knows just what we need! We hope everyone is doing well! We thank the Lord for each and every one of our family and friends! You are definitely blessings that we count daily! More pictures and updates coming soon!
With Love... J & K





Those silly girls and Norah girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment